Cheapest Place to get LX400 Labels?

NattyCat

The 810 and 400 aren't the same size. The core is different. I have the 400 and order mine directly from Primera. The standard are reasonable but the custom are higher and you have to order several rolls to get a decent price.

Well I didn't realize they weren't the same until after buying mine. I love my label printer too but will upgrade to the 810 in about a year so I can get my labels more reasonable. The other difference is the 810 has 2 ink cartridges and the 400 has one. Now when I called Primera before buying mine....he told me the only difference was the ink cartridges and of course the max label size....it wasn't until I bought and went to order labels they told me they weren't the same and I couldn't use the 810 in the 400.

you know that's what I was told too, it seems that they need to educate people before they buy because the printers aren't cheap and there is a significant price difference between the 400 and 810 but if you have to buy

in bulk to get a decent price on the labels then you may as well go with the 810 in my opinion. I just knew someone had told me they were the same and now this brings it all to light .

Janis

Well I didn't realize they weren't the same until after buying mine. I love my label printer too but will upgrade to the 810 in about a year so I can get my labels more reasonable. The other difference is the 810 has 2 ink cartridges and the 400 has one. Now when I called Primera before buying mine....he told me the only difference was the ink cartridges and of course the max label size....it wasn't until I bought and went to order labels they told me they weren't the same and I couldn't use the 810 in the 400.

Hmmm...interesting. I never even spoke to any real person at Primera. I just read through the literature they sent me and it clearly stated that the labels for each printer were not interchangeable. I am always leary of salespeople as many will say and promise anything to make a sale. Gotta always get it in writing though, especially for a purchase as expensive as this! ;)

Anyhoo, to answer the original question, I get my labels from Barcode Bonanza http://www.barcodebonanza.com/products/lx400-bar-code-printers.jsp. The label prices are consistent with what's on the Primera site, except the color cartridge is cheaper AND shipping is free! Can't beat that!