Homemade Soap Molds?

ShoogieScents

Hello to all,

I have been testing candlemaking for a couple of months now. LOVING IT :yay: Even though I still have TONS of testing with my candles, I have been thinking of maybe venturing over into Soapmaking a little to see how I like it. I think I am going to begin with M&P first! My question is, what all homemade items can you use for soap molds? I seen someone on here use a ice cream carton...WOW I would have never thought about that.

Just wondering what other wonderful items in my home I can use for soap molds :)

Thanks,

Bobbie

www.ShoogieDesignz.com

Designer Websites, Boutiques & More...

One of my favorite molds is a mini loaf mold. There are 8 cavities in it and it makes 8 rather large bars of soap (5 to 6oz each when filled). I use that one a lot. My two most often used "loaf" molds are 2 antique sewing machine drawers that I bought at an auction for a quarter :D I line them and use them weekly. I LOVE them! I also have a lidded box that some computer software came in a long time ago that I have used at least 20 times and it looks to have another 20 or so uses in it. It's more the size of a slab mold. I've never treated myself to a professional mold for my soaps because all of this stuff works so well, and I'd way rather spend my money on FO or other soaping supplies!! But maybe someday! Have fun soaping!! Melt and Pour soap can be some of the best soap you have ever used on your body~~ don't be afraid to experiment with adding lots of stuff to it!

I bought a couple of log molds, but for slabs I just use cardboard boxes I've received in the mail - the best ones have been from Amazon and priority boxes from PetMeds and FireMountain Gems. Where there was a gap in the bottom I cut a piece from one of the flaps to fill it in, line them with wax or freezer paper & it's good to go. Lately I used the Summerbee recipe resizer to calculate the boxes' max capacity and keep a print of the results in each box.

:embarasse Wups, sorry, I overlooked that you were asking about M&P. :embarasse In that case, I'm glad to know the info, too, since I'm going to start dabbling in that area.

I'm thinking, if the Crystal Light containers work, perhaps those little lidded condiment/sauce cups you get with take-away food would work too.