Business Is Good!!!

HeavenScentU

Hi All, I just finished my first Arts & Craft show of the year. It was great! It seems as though people were ready to buy and they showed it. I made great money for a 2 day show. I am very pleased. Good thing out of 150 vendors there was just me and one other candle person. And she was on the other side of the park. She just had soy candles and I had my variety of soy and paraffin to please every taste. I am very very happy that there was little competition. I am wondering if alot of the candlemakers bailed out because of the rising costs of supplies, because they weren't at this show. I even had requests to go to other shows, but we'll see. I am all geared up to do more shows. I am so excited....:yay: :yay:

I did a festival this weekend and it was dissapointing due to the heat and my location. It was over 92 degrees and nobody was going to buy candles in that heat! But the soy candles held up very well! I was shocked! Sure some sweated but most didn't. I got a great many compliments on the scents and such and I DID get a new wholesale account so I was happy with that!:yay:

The Festival was not all that well attended but I made my booth fee back and some profit. I learned how to setup a EZ up in a DOWNPOUR and alone as well as got to watch my prefab fake wood table top fold when I set the cases of candles on it! LOL!

Praise God my church had a table I could borrow in a pinch to get me through the show.

Have to buy another table tomorrow and yes, it will be plastic!:laugh2:

Fire:embarasse

That's great news! Glad you were happy with your results.

We had an outstanding weekend at our first 2 day show of the year - the weather cooperated - I was in a new spot right in the middle of all the vendors - and I had a record day for a non-holiday show. These are the type of shows that make it all worth while.

I think you're right - the "fly by nighters" are finding things a bit expensive for them, and people are being more "thrifty" and looking for high quality items.