Should I Make One More Phone Call?

Alajane

A casual acquaintance ordered a case of candles from me about 4-6 weeks ago by phone, to be picked up that weekend. She was a no-show that weekend, so I called her the next week and she had forgotten all about it! Would pick them up the next weekend (I'm assuming after payday). No-show again. I was in the middle of preparing for 2 weekends of shows, so I just let it ride. I called her again about a week ago and, lo and behold, she had forgotten again! And, again, was a no-show.

Now that I'm getting ready to restock after those shows, I'm out of that fragrance and can't decide whether to use her case to restock my shelves or give her one more phone call. What would you do?

Jane

I agree with kforbs and would use her case to restock. I've had this happen a few times (not for a whole case) and found that they don't come back. I've got one person in particular that I don't even bother to write down the order when I see her. I just say ok and move on.

This is what I was leaning toward. I didn't have any problems with making her case because it's one of my most popular fragrances, so I was pretty sure I could sell it if she didn't pick it up. I'm just such a stickler for doing what I say I will that I hate the thoughts of her showing up for her candles and me not having them.

Thanks for your verification of my instincts.

Jane

This is what I was leaning toward. I didn't have any problems with making her case because it's one of my most popular fragrances, so I was pretty sure I could sell it if she didn't pick it up. I'm just such a stickler for doing what I say I will that I hate the thoughts of her showing up for her candles and me not having them.

Thanks for your verification of my instincts.

Jane

Jane, I think you have been more than understanding and have given her more than enough time to pick up her products. Take it to the show and sell it and if she shows up tell her that you can make it again but that you want the money up front! Then she will either pay or walk but you are not out anything. We are not in this business to make friends, we are doing this to try and make some hard earn cash! You and your family come before other poeple's feelings.

Fire