My Poor Baby!!!!!!

asheebeans

I don't know what kind of monster crawled into my Pumpkin soap then came crawling (more like ooozing) back out--but I nearly fainted to the floor when I saw my Upland! :shocked2: Nasty orange oil spilled over the liner and was sitting in the bottom of my wooden mold! I was doing so well at keeping it looking great.....oh well, I guess I had to break it in sometime. :angry2: I sopped up as much as I could with paper towels and am letting it "dry" a little bit before I put it back together. What a bummer!! (Not to mention the big batch of soap that just got chucked!) My first big Upland. *sigh* Sacrificed to the soaping gods. :cry2:

Yes, I soaped pumpkin! (and it was CP, by the way) I used to use it as 1/2 my water in another recipe and it worked great....but tried a new recipe and this one was a bugger. I think I am going to take the advice of some folks on here and use the same recipe but cut the pumpkin way back! You can use all kinds of different fruits/veggies in CP soap. I saw a demo a while back where a lady used pureed cukes in place of half her water and made a nice facial soap. Have fun experimenting! :)