wax question

Guest meredean

Guest meredean

Has anyone compaired ky125 (soy/cottonseed ) to cb 135? the ky I have to get shipped but I just noticed I can get the 135 in the same town where I live.

I've tried

cb advanced -dont like that at all, but makes a beautiful candle

464- nice looking but not to good on the throw

444- CT not as good as ky but seemed to have about the same HT?

or maybe Im just being to picky:undecided

Also does it have a long cure time? with my wax I usually test next day I won't wait weeks for a candle to cure...

Thanks Mere

According to the wonderful people at Candle Science, GB 444 is comparable to the CB 135... well, at least as far as their wick guide.

I used to us KY 125, but switched because I can drive to pick up the 444. There are some FO that do better in one wax vs. the other, but that could be attributed to something other than the wax (ie, my error). Switching waxes involves re-testing everything, each and every FO. Although I'm saving on shipping, the re-testing is digging into my bank account significantly.

I'm impressed that you get great results with no cure. I'm with the majority that I get better results with cure times. It's the nature of soy wax, and the only way I've found to minimize cure is to go with a soy/paraffin blend.

Hello Mere I use the cb135 I have not tried the the KY so I cant tell you the difference but I can say that after trying C-3 and then 4627 and then back to soy cb advance to now the 135 I am happy with the 135 and will be my soy of choice. I used to be able to pick up my wax and that is what got me hooked on the ecosoya but since I moved across states dont have that luxury anymore but am pleased with the product that now I have to embrass the high shipping costs. going with someone close would be my preference though to help with costs.

Guest meredean

Thank You for the responses.. I pay like $30.00 to ship wax and I went with my mom to pick up some stuff for her dipped bears and I seen this ladies candles (she told me she sold the 135 wax)they looked good but mine smelled way better so I wasn't sure if it was the wax or if it was the FO she uses. Right at the moment though nothing is making me happy I got samples from CS, TCS,FLICKERS and I cant smell anything :angry2:

Take Care Meredith

Guest meredean

So do you guys have all your candles made up or when someone wants 1 they wait 10-14 days for it? I was making mine up but now I have tons of them from summer sitting here and now everyone wants something for fall.. .I will atleast get some of the wax to test though if it would save me 30bucks that would be cool

thanks Meredith

I make it when I know what scent they want, they know it takes a few days to make/set up and then if you have to ship that buys you more time. you can also add to the customer the longer you wait to light it the better the smell (kinda like fine wine) On some FO cure time is very important and that is just where the testing comes in at.

as for you not being able to smell the FO some don't work or are light in it or it just may be the wonderful candle nose. My nose is so so my hubby's is bad he cant smell a thing even if his nose was under it lol. the teenager has a great smell yet she can smell stuff right away.