Can You Believe This Cinnamon Bun?

Alajane

Look at the picture of a "breakfast bun" candle from the Avon brochure:

PROD_1045996_LG.gif

I can't see any way that isn't a rose mold! I have 4 trays (6 molds per tray) of silicone rose molds--it would sure be easier than hand-rolling cinnamon buns like I've been doing for several years!

But I sure can't see that it looks like a cinnamon bun and don't believe customers would, either!

Just thought you might get a giggle out of this.

Jane

Guest Candelishis
Well actually I've seen real cinnamon buns look close to that.

I hope you didn't eat it!!

It looks like it has a snakeskin finish to it....gross...and yeah, there's no way that is not a rose mold...I would not pay a quarter for that thing. It's ugly.

Mmmm, iced roses. I used that same mold (err hmm muffin pan) for Valentine's Day. LOL. Made wine and rose scented cinnamon buns, I mean roses. Hahahaha, sorry, couldn't resist. I guess if you didn't study it, you wouldn't realize it was a rose mold at first. I showed it to a co-worker and she said it looked yummy, I asked her what it was and she said Cinnamon Bun, I had to actually point out what it really was. I guess those of us who have made these rose candles are quick to identify "Hey, I have that mold!" :D

I think I'm going to give it a try with one pan full--I wonder if I make my "frosting" a bit thicker, if that would disguise the rose shape more.

cbarber03, it sounds like it worked for you for Valentine's day. The reason I have so many of the molds is because someone ordered 200 rose-shaped soaps from me for a Mother's Day luncheon. Is there any problem with using the same mold for soap and candles?

Jane

Actually, the shape with the icing on is pretty convincing, imo. But what kills it for me is the snakeskin coloring; there's no way I would buy that.:tongue2: That gives me the creeps.

Me too! I could see someone who is not familiar with that rose mold (I have one also) thinking it looked like a roll-maybe (to me, all I see is ROSE), but that finish on it is just disgusting!

how much are they selling that crap for?

$7.99!! And I've been selling my hand-rolled one for $4.00 or 3/$10, so I'm definitely going to give it a shot--should be much less work!

Although I just looked in the book again and it says it's 2" high by 4" diameter--I'm pretty sure my "mold" doesn't produce a rose 2" high! I'll have to check when I get home.

I hope you didn't eat it!!

It looks like it has a snakeskin finish to it....gross...and yeah, there's no way that is not a rose mold...I would not pay a quarter for that thing. It's ugly.

Well I wouldn't eat the one in that picture, but ones that look similar I might if I had a hankering for cinnamon rolls ... minus the snake skin.

Roflmao- That's funny!

They should at least call it Cinnamon Boquet and be up front about it, lol. It was probably a man who never cooked a day in his life -:grin2: - who found this mold and decided it was a cinnamon bun. I'm sorry and I don't mean offense, but sometimes you men see things so simplisticly! :P