EcoSoya Wax Votive Burns Hole on Side

Hi, I'm new to candlemaking. I used ecosoya PB (Pillar Blend) wax and made some votive candles. When I poured the wax everything looked great. However, when I test burned my votives, my candles would burn for about an hour and then it burn/leak a hole on the side and wax would spill out. Does anyone know if this is a wax issue or a wick issue (am I using the wrong wick or is the wax quality poor)? Thanks so much for your help!

this is suppose to happen, thats why votives must be burned in a votive holder. Because the wax will eventually drip out the sides and fill up the jar and then burn like a container candle

I agree 100%. Once the wax fills the void between the holder and the candle you may need to trim the wick...but that is normal also. I would continue to burn the votive to ensure the melt pool reaches the sides of the container and then see how deep your melt pool is. Then decide if you need to wick up or down from there.

I would also recommend looking at the wick position in the melt pool. You may not have gotten it centered which would cause it to melt a little lop-sided. Centering the wick in the candle and centering the candle in the votive holder are both important for an even burn.