Gb415....

Ya' know what really irks me? I use a presto pot...and really love, love, love it:yay: ...I have noticed when the 415 cools completely...it doesn't matter how full it is either...it has PERFECT TOPS!!!!!:mad: NOT my candles tho'!UGHHH! I guess I should go back to C-3...or try something else..I am really getting frustrated w/the ugly tops(more work too) and brainy looking after burning and frost(which really doesn't bother me as much as the others).I love the scent throw tho'! I tried the crisco thing(2Tsp. pp) it looked a little creamier but still big cracks on all the tops!

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please post! Thanx alot!

Kimmeroo

Whew!Thanx Kandlekrazy..I really thought I was going NUTS! I thought,man,am I the only one that has this problem!?! Thank you,thank you,thank you!

I still am going to try the CO but if that doesn't work...the end of 415...I will be ordering samples of Advanced and 464!

Thanx everyone who replied!!! :grin2:

Kimmeroo

When I used the 415, I let it cool until it had a tomato juice consistency and poured. I had perfect tops every time. If I poured too hot, it wasn't a pretty sight lol

I have a box of "testers" that I found a few days ago that were made in the spring. Talk about candles that pack a punch, these smell incredible. It is too bad they didn't smell this good after a few days or they wouldn't have been tossed in a box lol

I have switched to a 50/50 blend. I use the 415 as my 50% soy.

Nope...I pour hot..just like I did w/C-3.:confused: Thanks for the reply!

When in doubt, start by following the instructions. Here is the GB product list.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45700

You won't get a consistently good result by pouring hot. Just won't happen. With some practice you can learn to get a good result pouring at the recommended temps.

If you need to pour hot, then this isn't the wax for you. Try one of the additive-blended waxes like 464 or CB-Advanced. CBA is more consistently pretty but doesn't throw well.

Imagine the sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and controlled cool down that a presto pot full of wax is going to do. Almost no way to immitate that in jars on the counter or even in an oven unless you really go out of your way to do some insulating.

I don't use either that wax or a presto pot, but I'm just thinking out loud.:D

Imagine the sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and controlled cool down that a presto pot full of wax is going to do. Almost no way to immitate that in jars on the counter or even in an oven unless you really go out of your way to do some insulating.

I don't use either that wax or a presto pot, but I'm just thinking out loud.:D

Yeah...you're right...be nice if there was a way to mimic it for jars!!