summer vs. winter

Just wondering, do you all retest (soy) when winter hits or do you just keep your formula the same? What if you keep an inventory on hand, do you just not sell your summer candles in wintertime? I have a batch that I made in July and decided to light one up and it is not burning quite

the same.

Rebecca

I have noticed the same thing but you have no control over the temperature of the home in which your candle is burning once it has been sold.

Therefore I test for optimum performance at whichever time of year the candle is made & try not to test burn in an unheated bathroom on a cold day cos I know I'm not going to get as true a result as I would on a warmer day or in a heated room.

Sally.

I noticed it too but thought it was because I do a lot of my testing outside in my lanai (I'm in Florida). My temps range from high 60's to low 90's. I know a lot of customers will use the candles in air-conditioned homes but again, temps range from 60's to 80, depending on the person. I'm thinking of testing for Summer but selling the same combo for Winter and offering toppers for my jars to compensate for the cooler temps. What do y'all think of this? :cool2:

I have noticed the same thing but you have no control over the temperature of the home in which your candle is burning once it has been sold.

Therefore I test for optimum performance at whichever time of year the candle is made & try not to test burn in an unheated bathroom on a cold day cos I know I'm not going to get as true a result as I would on a warmer day or in a heated room.

Sally.

Agreed, also you have no idea how long they will keep thier candle. Some people some wont burn it all up during the winter and may actually burn it during the summer. And if I wick up during the winter, then they burn it in the summer, it will have too large of a flame.

I just keep the same formula throught the year and ususlly do all my testing in the summer.