Need advice on email I received today....

DebbieTX

Name: Alvin Yang

Email: alvin.yang@china-net.hk

Comments: We are China Net Technology Limited, which is the domain name

register center in China.I have something need to confirm with you.

we have received an application formally,one company named "Lealui

Holdings Limited" applies for the domain

names(sugarbeancandle.cn/sugarbeancandle.hk/sugarbeancandle.biz etc.) and

the internet Brand Name(Sugarbeancandle)on the internet Nov 15, 2007. We

need to know the opinion of your company, because the domain names and

keywords may relate to the usufruct of brand name on internet.

we would like to get the affirmation of your company,please contact us by

telephone or email as soon as possible. Please let someone in your company

who is responsible for trademark or intellectual right contact me freely.

I am assuming that he is asking me if I have the rights to my name? Yes, I registered it in 2002. But, it's not trademarked. I own sugarbeancandle.com and I just paid for my domain but dont own the rights to the others he has listed. Do you think that I should go ahead and buy the names then? I have no idea how to respond. Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like someone (Leiliu) might be registering sugarbeancandle.cn, sugarbeancandle.hk and sugarbeancandle.biz. CN=China and HK=Hong Kong. I think he is trying to see how you feel about another company selling candles with your .com name. He might be trying to see if you want to sell your .com to them or if you have a trade mark on the name. Gawd, I wouldn't want a Chinese product with my name on it these days!

It looks like someone (Leiliu) might be registering sugerbeancandle.cn, sugerbeancandle.hk and sugarbeancandle.biz. CN=China and HK=Hong Kong. I think he is trying to see how you feel about another company selling candles with your .com name. He might be trying to see if you want to sell your .com to them or if you have a trade mark on the name. Gawd, I wouldn't want a Chinese product with my name on it these days!

That's exactly what I was thinking! I dont want a chinese product with my name either. Great! Happy Holidays to me..........:mad:

After seeing their website, I'd ignore them. I think they are just trying to get you to buy the .cn and .hk domains.

I've had a domain site (.com) for a number of years. I haven't used it yet. Every so often I get a notice that it is about to expire and I need to hurry and renew it before someone else gets it. I know that isn't true because I get it for 5 years at a time. When I read the email closer it says for a .net.

Everyone makes everything look so official now, your bank, Ebay and PayPal. Anything to confuse you.