Jo Ann

OO 25%

Lard 45%

CO 25%

castor oil 5%

1.5 ounce of EOs

sweet almond oil 3 oz

1/2 cup of aloe vera gel

this is the recipe i am doing but there is one hitch.

i am not sure what blend of EOs to use for a good smell.

the oils i have are:

lavender bulgarian

patchouli (i love patchouli)

lime

tangerine

bergamot

rosewood

I have been trying to use the eo calc at rainbow, but i can only take one or two whiffs of blends (place whole bottles in a bowl with a lid and then let them sit for a few minutes and whiff) and then i get a headache. lol

what i would like is an earthy yule type fragrance, but not able to buy what i need locally sigh. does Micheals carry essential oils???? I wanted to make the soap tomorrow so i have time to cut and make boxes for them.

any ideas welcomed

patch & rosewood

patch & tangerine

lavender & tangerine

lavender & bergamot

Not sure how patch & berg would smell together, but I'd try anything once. :)

well if one is to experiment, who best to experiment on but family and friends LOL

The soap formula looks great. With lard and olive, it might take a while to trace so be prepared.

Personally, I'd go with lavender, rosewood and patch...something like 5:2:1 and see how you like it. One of my best selling soaps is veeeery similar to this.

Tangerine and patch would probably be nice at about 3:1, but would rock if you also had some ylang to toss in.

Lime, bergamot and patch would work too. I'd start around 5:5:1 and go from there.

Hope that helps.

my very first batch was .5 oz lime and .25 oz patch and i just love it. and since i am giving this batch away, i will probably do lavender (hate lavender) and bergamot with a bit of lime, just so i have enough to cover 4 pounds. rosewood actually smells like its name.

was supposed to make my soap today but ended up spending most of the day with a friend whose horse colic and had to give it a couple of shots and then spend about the last 2 hours i was there giving it enemas, by the gallons it was so nice to come home to my patch/lime soap. sigh.