Natural Colorants and EO's for Palm Wax Candles

Hi,

We are trying to develop 100% natural palm wax candles. We are trying to find natural sources for both colors and scents. Most fragrances and dyes appear to be synthetic. Does anyone have a good source for natural colorings? We have been looking within the natural food coloring industry to not much avail so far. Does anyone have a good source for essential oils? We are looking for reasonable quality at a reasonable price.

TIA

you may have to leave them natural colored, which is white. you can still see the nice star bursts that the palm wax creates. as far as natural EOs to fragrance you candles, they dont burn strong very well. another resource you could use is soybean oil based fragrance oils. they are not all natural cause the fragranc epart is still synthetic, but the carrier oil is soybean oil. and they will give off a stronger smell. most people want srtong smelling candles even if they are not 100% natural.

JBN carries an "Eco Friendly" dye which isn't natural but at least has less of the chemicals in it. I also know I've seen the soy dye on some sites, just can't remember where...if my memory comes back I'll let ya know! (Don't hold your breath...it leaves me daily!)

I found them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.candlecocoon.com/dyes.html

JBN carries an "Eco Friendly" dye which isn't natural but at least has less of the chemicals in it. I also know I've seen the soy dye on some sites, just can't remember where...if my memory comes back I'll let ya know! (Don't hold your breath...it leaves me daily!)

I found them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.candlecocoon.com/dyes.html

Candlewic carries them and so does Northstar