Avocado Soap for Essense of Nature Swap

ladysj

Well this seems to be the best pic I'm going to get. This is made with olive oil infused with calendula, chamomile and lavender and 100% goats milk as the liquid. No colorant added this is the color from the avocadoes and the goats milk.

Pureed avocados, avocado oil, a few rosemary leaves chopped up with the oil and avocadoes, a little rosemary and geranium eo all of these added at trace. I wasn't very pleased with the looks but it's too late to make another batch now. I just hope the beneficial properties of the avocadoes come through. Sprinkled a little rosemary leaves on the top.

It does seem a little oily not sure why. I'm hoping that it will dry up as it cures. I did try a small piece this morning and it has a wonderful creamy, bubbly lather and no zap. So we'll just have to see what the swappers think.

avocadosoapbl6.th.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm well I guess I need to try and make up a batch of something else then. I sure don't want that happening. About the only thing i have around here is oranges :laugh2:

I vote for you to send in what you have made:p ... isn't avocado already oily/fatty? Maybe that's the oil you're getting on the soaps... from the avocado... I think it'll maybe eventually "soak up" during the cure. Give it a shot!

I'm going to go with letting it cure. I must say however, it bubbles and lathers like a MOFO. I am very pleased with that part. The pitcher I used to make it in was full of bubbles when I cleaned it up.

The small piece that I've tried feels great so we will see. It rinses very clean.