Another Candle Party question!

Guest Candelishis

Guest Candelishis

So, I am getting pretty comfortable with selling my candles, and have them at a couple retail locations, and my website, and I do craft fairs. Now I want to start doing parties. Vista print has really really nice postcards for free or really cheap. I thought about ordering 100 and putting my business name and the whole "you're invited" thing on the front, and then on the back, one side will be for the recipient's address, and the other for the who/what/when/where, which can be filled in by the hostess. My question is: I'm starting to work on the front side, and I'm stumped. I don't know how to word it! I want it to be cute and creative, not just "Hey, somebody's having a candle party". lol. Anybody have any ideas??? I'm not exactly a creative marketing genius..lol!! I am just absolutely stuck. I have "Candelishis" at the top and that's it...if anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em! TIA.

I use Evites often. I rarely use postcards, etc. But if you are looking for some cute sayings go to www.evite.com and see what they have. Evite is great for keeping track of who has replied, it sends an automated reminder and maintains email address. You may want to check into it.

Guest Candelishis
I use Evites often. I rarely use postcards, etc. But if you are looking for some cute sayings go to www.evite.com and see what they have. Evite is great for keeping track of who has replied, it sends an automated reminder and maintains email address. You may want to check into it.

I would love to use Evite. I use it for everything else. However...the first two parties I'm doing are at my mom's and SIL's. Most of their guests do have computers, but there are a few older ladies who will be at their parties who do not have computers. And my mom's big on sending things in the mail, because it's "more personal". So that is how I must do it. We live in a mostly rural area, with a bunch of small towns, and lots of farmers who don't believe that they need computers..lol..so not everybody has one around here.

I guess I would make it simple.I used to get invites to Tupperware Parties

and all it said was YOU ARE INVITED TO a Tuppware Party.Why not that and below put Date time place Bring a friend and receive a gift.Hope you can make it. Might want to make a few pics of candles etc. Just to liven it up.

Just main pertinent things on the invitation.You might think of other things to put on it.

LynnS

Guest Candelishis

I stuck with simple. I ordered some for my mom's open house on Friday. The front is really cute, it's a bright blue square with a border around it that has a light blue and hot pink pattern - small squares with circles inside the squares. Kinda retro. It just says Candelishis in bigger letters at the top, then it says "you are invited to attend an open house featuring products made by Candelishis, producer of natural soy wax candles and tarts. Stop by for a little while, or stay the whole evening. Refreshments will be provided, and attendance prizes will be given. See reverse side for more information. Bring a friend for a free gift!!!". Then on the back it has my return address, a place to fill in the addressee, and on the other half of the back it has lines with places for when/where/time/rsvp info. My mom wanted to do hers like an open house, since her house burned down in March and they just got to move back into their new house. I think it will take some pressure off of me too, having my first one like an open house so I don't have to talk to a lot of people at one time, and it will be all mom's friends, so I'll be comfortable around them. We'll see how it goes!! Wish me luck.