Sales Slips with preprinted business info

Holly

For some reason I can't seem to type the right words to bring the right thing up. Where is the best place with reasonable prices to order sales slips/invoices that have the company information printed on them. I looked at Vista Print but for some reason could not find sales slips.

Just want to know if anyone has their favorite place that is affordable that you get yours printed at. I don't have anything to really compare. I did some searching online as well and will do some more. Thanks.

I like the first one I posted -- the little thank you at the bottom but here is one from Office Depot that is cheaper and it has green on it which matches my main logo color. Is this like what you had, Vicky? Thanks for mentioning Office Depot.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/217601/Invoice-Forms-Ruled-8-x-Box/

217601_sk_md.jpg

Enlarge Image misc_arrow_red_s.gif

Item #: 217601

$34.99

box

b1_customize.gif

Buy More and Save:

Buy 2-2 @ $28.49 / box

Buy 3-3 @ $26.49 / box

Buy 4+ @ $25.99 / box

This is the one I use and yes the price went up abit.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/218181/Sales-Order-Forms-Ruled-8-x/

I like that one. Did you ever find that you needed both the billing address and the ship to address in case a customer wanted to buy something to someone else, etc? I was testing out the one I posted that Office Depot has and now it kinda looks blue. Is the one you have definitely green? I think I may want to add my logo. Thanks!

Well, shoot! I was just thinking....I will need a 4-part invoice....1 for the Consultant, 1 for the Hostess, 1 for the Customer and I have to have one because for right now the orders will not be placed online until they will have to be....until I get that part worked out.

The 4 part forms are kinda expensive and one of my consultants who I just spoke with does not want to have to pay that much per invoice. She gets 50 from the Body Shop at Home for 4 bucks. Don't know how I would work that out.

Thanks for that last link to what you had. :) I will continue to see what I can work out.

Why does the hostess need one?

My friend that is a Body Shop At Home consultant said they usually give the hostess one and many hostesses want one so they can see what they sold at the party and to confirm what they sold and what they are supposed to get. Maybe it is not that necessary. My friend said that for now we can probably just make do with a 3 part. I may be working the online thing out anyway real soon so I may not need a hard copy of the invoice anyway in the near future.

I think what I am going to do since my friend does not think that many will want to pay .23 for each invoice give or take on the cost, I will get the invoices done just for me but in book style to take to my craft shows and for my other type of orders. I get sick of having to manually write in my phone number or even stamping it. Then I will purchase just the loose sales receipts for the consultants to purchase (or they can even buy their own somewhere for now) and they can buy a custom stamper through me, and I will purchase the stampers through Vista Print or somewhere.

Man, all these little details that needs to be worked out.

I make up my own then take them to office max to be made..costs about .25 each I think. Staples sends it out to be made so can take up to 2 weeks. Also check a local printer. They can d o it also.

That is a good idea. My main consultant does not want to pay even the .23 that I found through Staples....I think one of the ones above comes out to .23. It may have been a 2 part though and not a 3 part. So, I may have to rethink things again like what I mentioned to Vicky. Thanks for your help. I will get it figured out someway. :)

Holly, just my two cents on having a place for both billing address and shipping address... Of course on my site, I get a lot of orders for gifts for others and have to have both billing/shipping. But even when I have done hostess parties like you are doing, I have occasionally run into something where maybe someone is buying as a gift to be shipped, or some times, where they are using a business credit card from their company but want it shipped to their house. One woman was actually using her mom's credit card info...her mom said "here...buy what you want and put it on my card" but had it shipped to her. So, if there is a way to put them both out there without sacrificing anything, I would do it.

Holly, just my two cents on having a place for both billing address and shipping address... Of course on my site, I get a lot of orders for gifts for others and have to have both billing/shipping. But even when I have done hostess parties like you are doing, I have occasionally run into something where maybe someone is buying as a gift to be shipped, or some times, where they are using a business credit card from their company but want it shipped to their house. One woman was actually using her mom's credit card info...her mom said "here...buy what you want and put it on my card" but had it shipped to her. So, if there is a way to put them both out there without sacrificing anything, I would do it.

This is exactly what I am figuring. That is why I was looking into the double address ones. Thanks for the reinforcement. :)

Stock forms just do not cut it when you trying to separate your business from others out there.....Your invoices are a marketing and branding opportunity.....You would not put a label like those on your candles so why use a fom like that....Go you your local printer and get a custom design done....Yes there is a higher cost in the short term but the reward is the higher class image you will portray....

Stock forms just do not cut it when you trying to separate your business from others out there.....Your invoices are a marketing and branding opportunity.....You would not put a label like those on your candles so why use a fom like that....Go you your local printer and get a custom design done....Yes there is a higher cost in the short term but the reward is the higher class image you will portray....

I don't mind paying it. I will be getting them for me and whoever is willing to pay for it down the road. But, my main consultant right now (she is an experienced Body Shop at Home consultant) does not want to pay .23 per sheet when she can buy 50 for $4.00 through the Body Shop. I cannot make her pay for what I have. She does not really HAVE to buy The Body Shop's either but she does because they can offer a good deal. She is an independent contractor. I thought about offering her a better deal, but not sure if it is fair that I have to eat it and end up doing special favors all the time. Also, when you are small company and you start cutting this and that for everyone you will notice it in the long run. I have another consultant that is going to sign up under my first consultant, and I am not sure what her thoughts are yet on the cost of them. I have a feeling she will not mind paying it...don't know her real well. She was a customer and I met her once through my main consultant whom I know very well.

Trust me, I do not tend to cut corners on anything when it affects the look of quality or quality in itself. My products portray the higher class side....they are not cheap to make. I have sold now for two years and never even had a stamper or custom invoices (just printed labels to stick on or handwrite it) and it did not make me look bad. But now that I am developing a consultant program, I feel it is the right time to invest in professional looking invoices with printed business info on them. Everything comes in time and not overnight.

It not being passed on to the hostess or the customer. It is the consultant which is pretty standard practice for consultants or sales rep to have to pay for things like catalog, order forms and samples. The reason why is so they do not waste them. Usually a nominal fee is charged no where near as much as they cost but enough to keep them from wasting them.

I know a lot of companies start them off with a kit that will have a set amount of samples, order forms and catalogs which the consultant pays for at about 1/2 of their retail value.

I used to get my two parts from Nashville Wraps fairly cheep but they don't sell a custom printed four part form.

I searched the net and found this company, although I think they are way too spendy! http://www.drawingboard.com/ItemOptions.aspx?itemname=NPR114

http://www.anchorside.com/cgi-bin/quote.cgi This company was far cheeper and they were very flexible with customization of your forms.

http://www.ncrforms.com/pages.php?pageid=2 Did not read much but have to wonder if they are associated with NCR as in the cash register place

Surely there are a ton more out there. I searched the following terms in google for this 4 part carbonless order. Nothing fancy ;) The thing is I feel you should really take this project seriously, afterall it reflects your business image. The catch is that can be expensive. I personally would not charge the reps for their forms but offer them plain books and a rubber stamp :) Or they could get their own forms made with the logo etc and their name on them as the rep

I order 500 custom 3 part forms from ncrforms for about $70. I just designed what I wanted in MSWord, using half letter sheet and emailed it to them. I received a proof later in the day and the order was received about a week later.

It not being passed on to the hostess or the customer. It is the consultant which is pretty standard practice for consultants or sales rep to have to pay for things like catalog, order forms and samples. The reason why is so they do not waste them. Usually a nominal fee is charged no where near as much as they cost but enough to keep them from wasting them.

I know a lot of companies start them off with a kit that will have a set amount of samples, order forms and catalogs which the consultant pays for at about 1/2 of their retail value.

You are exactly right Vicky.

The kit will include some in the cost of the kit, but from there on out it is the consultants responsibility to buy their own whether they use the company's or not. This is standard practice with any home party business that I have encountered. The consultant is an independent constractor and she will run her business just like me...pay for what she needs. If everything was added to the cost of the candle for me to afford consultant free supplies, they would be way over priced. There are invitations, brochures, catalogs, flyers, etc. which equals a lot of printed material when added all together. These things are generally paid for by the consultant except what is added in their kit -- all worked out in a kit price which they get a lot more for their money at first. Although, I will obviously not be making a profit on these things and don't want too, but they need to be paid for. Also, even the big guys require these things to be paid for. So how the heck would we little guys be able to pay for such things as we get more and more consultants. I could afford it with a few but you have to be fair....what is done for one consultant should be consistent with the next.

Barncat, I just reread your post. You are right that the cost should not be passed on to customers or the hostesses. I am talking about independent consultants not customers or hostesses. Sorry if I misunderstood your post. :)

By the time you calculate the cost to make the candles along with some other things we are the ones that end up eating our profit margin for the cost of things like our custom printed invoices unless we up the price of the candles even more which would then affect the customer and maybe our sales. If we didn't obsorb this type of cost and had to add it on, our candles would be priced pretty high. I can handle some cost (for my own business) for things of this nature but not for many consultants in the long run. I may not be digging too much into my profit margin, but have to run the numbers. I will know better when I get my Income and Expense papers done. :tiptoe: