body spray base help please...

*Dee*

if you had your choice between :

BCN's hair and protein mist

OR

WSP's luxury body spray

which one woudl you choose ?

i have heard BCN's seperates alot and you have to shake it good before using...

i have heard WSP's is sticky, and sometimes you do have to shake due to seperation, but others have said it was not sticky for them....

can anyone help me on this ??

also still wondering about the lotions from WSP, anyone use the basic lotion ? wonder how it compares to their head to toe lotion... i want the lotion to be thick not thin, but not too thick... and i want it to hold F/O well, and the base to not have a smell...

TIA

Well, I didn't care for either base and decide to get the Caprol Micro Express from Lotioncrafter. So far I like the formulation I have come up with.

As for the lotion bases, I am currently using the Basic Lotion base from WSP, but didn't like that it didn't contain many oils. I just got the lotion and cream creator in and will be playing with that this week. I am going to try a regular lotion recipe using the recipe from their site, with a few modications, and then a shea/oatmeal lotion (like St. Ives) as well.

Steph

WSP's Goats Milk lotion is great. I've been using it for quite a while. It is thicker than standard lotion, (but not as thick as a butter)but not sticky, sinks right in, not greasy at all & scents like a dream. I also use the Spray. I don't find it sticky & nobody has ever told me they felt it was sticky, but I have read on here, people who do feel that it is. My only comment is always: you need to go higher than the .5% FO load for sure.

& regarding separation: no matter which spray base you choose(BC or WSP), I'd always put "Shake Well Before Each Use" on the label. There will always be "some" oils that will separate in either one. Most don't, but some will. HTH!