Making wax icing for cinnamon buns....

And assistance would be great. I usually use a combo of container wax and gel wax (all my scents are safe to use with gel) I pour it cool. Now, with time I notive my nice white icing takes in the colour of cinnamon bun. I have soy, palm, a bunch of different waxes and gel.

So the question, what do you usually use as a frosting or icing?

Any help would be great!

And assistance would be great. I usually use a combo of container wax and gel wax (all my scents are safe to use with gel) I pour it cool. Now, with time I notive my nice white icing takes in the colour of cinnamon bun. I have soy, palm, a bunch of different waxes and gel.

So the question, what do you usually use as a frosting or icing?

Any help would be great!

I have the same problem and have mixed several waxes. Going to try straight KY 133 paraffin, then a mix of it and some comfort blend. I'll let you know if it works. Only thing is it takes awhile to see the results. Seems like if I use soy in the mix it never works.

I have the same problem and have mixed several waxes. Going to try straight KY 133 paraffin, then a mix of it and some comfort blend. I'll let you know if it works. Only thing is it takes awhile to see the results. Seems like if I use soy in the mix it never works.

I did a blend of ecosoy and gel the other day, and put the candles in the window. I'm trying to see if the uv from the window will speed up the discolouration process. But--- it doesn't look the way I want it to. I tried to add more gel-- and it just looks gross ( not yummy to eat at all!!)

The look I like the most is 2 parts pillar wax, and one part gel. I will post a picture. I run a large wholesale candle company, so we make stock ahead. Right now we make the cinnamon buns without icing, and ice them as we sell them. I would love to ice them right away, to streamline the process.

Anyone have the magic formula?:shocked2:

post-634-139458440623_thumb.jpg

First you need to add a good UV to both the cinnamon bun wax and the icing. THis will help a lot with it, but it still will bleed. We make all of our cb stuff in advance and drizzle it upon order. We have melted so much down that was down earlier that started to look like crap after a while.. I use a soy pillar blend for my drizzle with added whitner to it and paraffin blend for the base. The drizzle has to be done at a cool temp just as a film starts across and is rather cloudy. The most we make up of our CB's is a week in advance, however I have had some grubbys on the shelf for 4 months(to test), that look good.