jojoba beads floating in my soap

bells4shells

I've tried looking on the forums for anyone else who may have had this problem, but to no avail.

I am using a m&p base and put in about 1/2 tsp for 24 oz of soap. Looked gorgeous! Only problem is that it floated to the top. I poured the soap at about 130F figuring it was cool enough to suspend the beads.

Does anyone have experience with these beads and m&p soap? I use the SFIC stuff. I've read elsewhere something about layering, but I'd rather have it throughout the soap instead of in the middle.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

There is no good solution that I know of. To get them to incorporate better you'll need to let the soap cool quite a bit, so the m&p has thickened a bit and a skin has formed on top. Then you'll need to break through the skin and add your beads, stirring throughout. Let it set a little more, then break the skin again and stir it some more; you might need to repeat this step a few times. It can turn out somewhat lumpy top on the soap from repeatedy breaking that skin, but your beads should be better dispersed than before.