I Killed It!!

15_1_60.gif This is the second heat gun I killed in a year. I have another, and that's ones on it's last leg. It takes a while to heat up! Why is it the first one outlasted the 2 new ones??? Either way, i was the last to use it..so I'm quilty!!! Course, my coupon for Lowe's expired last week casue I didn't need anything!!!!!:angry2:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm801MSUS

One thing I have learned about some heat guns is you must run the air blower with the heat off to cool the element before turning it all the way off. If you turn them off hot the element heats up and burns out.

Some heat guns offer replacement elements for a fraction of the cost of a new gun.

Check Grainger online and look at the Master Appliance Heat Guns and their replacement elements.

Hey barncat...

I got a $20.00 Wagner heat gun from W*llmart and it has lasted 5 years...

Maybe you can get one of those this time...:D

Now talk to me about vacuum cleaners . I literally have those explode on me once a year.. :tongue2: Hate those things!!!

OH I know!!!! We even went through the whole Orek thing and boy was that a $500 waste. We go through one once a year to 1 1/2 a year.

Hey barncat...

Now talk to me about vacuum cleaners . I literally have those explode on me once a year.. :tongue2: Hate those things!!!

I already did my once a month trip.. I hate WM, but its literally the only game in town. I get scared when I go there...thats where the freaky people hang out:shocked2:

Wow! You get a vaccuum once a year? After about 10 blow up on me...NO MORE CARPETING!!!! We got hardwood in the house and cement in the shop!!

Hey barncat...

Mine from WalMart is going on 3 yrs now. It rattles when I hold it at one specific angle but still zaps like a dream ... I still have a brand new one in the box from HF for a back up just in case :wink2:

Yep, the wagner I have from Wallyworld (about $18) is still going (knock on wood) after 3+ yrs. Of course I'm sure I don't use mine as much as you Barncat! ;)

Now vacuum cleaners-UGH we used to have the worst luck with those suckers! LOL going through one every other year.

Then, I got me a Dyson, love this thing! I've had it for about 4 years now, and use it for my carpeting, tile AND wood flooring! I even use it for the cars (since our shop vac died). ;) we definitely give this thing a workout!

If the tap can't be damaged from exposing it to flame, maybe just stick a lighter on it to get tap flowing? I got my heat gun from Harbor Freight Tools and got the two speed one. I don't use it all that much though. So far, it's been working fine for the price. I think I paid like 9 dollars for it. :)

Yep, the wagner I have from Wallyworld (about $18) is still going (knock on wood) after 3+ yrs. Of course I'm sure I don't use mine as much as you Barncat! ;)

Now vacuum cleaners-UGH we used to have the worst luck with those suckers! LOL going through one every other year.

Then, I got me a Dyson, love this thing! I've had it for about 4 years now, and use it for my carpeting, tile AND wood flooring! I even use it for the cars (since our shop vac died). ;) we definitely give this thing a workout!

I'm on my third one in six years--my next one is definitely a Dyson.