Ideal temp of melt pool??

Yeah, I know. I am testing the GB464 in a 6oz tin with a CDN 10 and I have a good melt pool after 3hrs but the wax is not very warm at all when you touch it. I am getting HT but not what I would like. I think if I go up to a CDN 12 I am going to have too deep of a MP and it will consume the wax too fast.

I am also testing the 9oz hex jar....same wax with the CDN 10 it seems to be doing fine. It is over half way down and I cant touch the wax to see how warm it is. I am only getting a decent HT with this candle too.

I may have to let them "cure" a few days....I usually only wait overnight. I was using KY125 but shipping is HIGH out here to OR so I had to switch to GB464 which the supplier is kinda close to me.

tootie

Tootie, it would vary from wax formula to wax formula. If a 10 is too small and a 12 too big, you could try using USA to help boost the HT. Dunno how it would work in your wax, but I like it very much in C3.

Don't forget about "candle nose" when testing. Many times I think a candle is throwing so-so and someone will pop in from elsewhere and remark on how wonderful it smells! Have even had folks tell me they could smell the candles I was burning in the house (windows open) when they got out of their cars! :shocked2: I LIVE with candles so what would I know!! :tongue2:

Yes, candle nose....I know it very well. The 10's seem to be doing OK, I am afraid a 12 will be too big.. I am going to finish testing wicks to the end then make the candle again and farm out to a few people to test for me. I really think that may be my problem....I have been making candles for a LONG time now and I cant smell crap anymore.

tootie