My IGI 6036 test thread....

Hi Tootie,

Have you tried this wax in double wicked containers yet? I am interested in it for double wicked containers but some blends are not the best for two wicks...meltpool gets too deep. Thanks.

~Holly

Hi Tootie,

Have you tried this wax in double wicked containers yet? I am interested in it for double wicked containers but some blends are not the best for two wicks...meltpool gets too deep. Thanks.

~Holly

Nope, I have not. There are two things I refuse to do

1. repour

2. double wick

I tried it when I tested the 464 over a year ago and just about went nuts and I gave up!!

tootie

Nope, I have not. There are two things I refuse to do

1. repour

2. double wick

I tried it when I tested the 464 over a year ago and just about went nuts and I gave up!!

tootie

Thanks for the response, Tootie. I hate repouring too. I may just order a slab and try it out. You got yours from CS, right and figure it will be just as good price wise as LIS, right?

I dont even know if LIS has this wax do they?? Just go to CS and put in what ya want then check shipping. LIS is so high on all their wax I am suprised anyone buys it from them. It is sad when you can get it cheaper from the East coast and they are right here by us.

tootie

I dont even know if LIS has this wax do they?? Just go to CS and put in what ya want then check shipping. LIS is so high on all their wax I am suprised anyone buys it from them. It is sad when you can get it cheaper from the East coast and they are right here by us.

tootie

Yes, I believe that Jim said that they have it. It is just not on their site. Not sure why. I just emailed him today to ask if I should order via email. I have not heard back yet.

Yes, it is the pits when wax is so high over here to the point where it can end up being just as cheap to order it further away. Then you have to wait for shipping time, which I hate. I love to order things in WA....usually get them the next day if it goes out the same day. :)

Hi Holly, Tootie and everyone else. It sounds like the wax is to soft to double wick, but you'd have to try it to be sure. I want a lower melt wax as I hate big wicks. It is to bad about LIS prices. I almost mentioned that Swans uses Fedex and it is cheaper mailing, but, oh well. I emailed Peaks (need something from them) and they said there isn't enough interest in this wax to carry it. I disagree with that as so many are tired of all the soy problems but still want some soy in a blend. They suggested mixing 415 (30%) and 4630 (70%). I have in the past used that in 50/50, but it is easier to just use one wax. Thank you Tootie for all the testing info. That is just so helpful. I am so so tempted to order a slab. Sure wish it were somewhere closer. Beth

Yes, I believe that Jim said that they have it. It is just not on their site. Not sure why. I just emailed him today to ask if I should order via email. I have not heard back yet.

Yes, it is the pits when wax is so high over here to the point where it can end up being just as cheap to order it further away. Then you have to wait for shipping time, which I hate. I love to order things in WA....usually get them the next day if it goes out the same day. :)

Candlescience stuff gets to me pretty quick at least in the US mail. I know UPS takes 4-7 days but that is OK, I'll wait. :cheesy2:

Hi Holly, Tootie and everyone else. It sounds like the wax is to soft to double wick, but you'd have to try it to be sure. I want a lower melt wax as I hate big wicks. It is to bad about LIS prices. I almost mentioned that Swans uses Fedex and it is cheaper mailing, but, oh well. I emailed Peaks (need something from them) and they said there isn't enough interest in this wax to carry it. I disagree with that as so many are tired of all the soy problems but still want some soy in a blend. They suggested mixing 415 (30%) and 4630 (70%). I have in the past used that in 50/50, but it is easier to just use one wax. Thank you Tootie for all the testing info. That is just so helpful. I am so so tempted to order a slab. Sure wish it were somewhere closer. Beth

Mixing waxes is a PIA. When I order I will get 4 cases from CS so I can take advanage of the reduced UPS shipping. As of right now that brings my cost to .09 per oz. for wax.

tootie

The 8oz tin is almost done and the sides are clean and the MP is not too deep. So a CD 12 is a good place to start your testing.

The 4oz tin is done clean sides...I may try a CD 7 in there just to see if I can slow down the burn time. I only got like 15 hrs out of the candle. How long does a 4oz tin burn anyway?? Maybe 15 hrs is OK i dont know.

I am still working on the 8oz sq mason...It gets a FMP now and does not get too deep and the jar is not too hot. The sides are all clean in this jar too. CD 12 is a good starting point for this jar.

still working on the 9oz hex too....it gets a FMP that goes to about 1/2 inch. The jar is not hot though and the HT is really EX. The sides are clean on it too. I think the CD 10 is a good starting point for this jar too.

The 6oz tin is almost done and sides are clean and MP is not too deep.

I will be gone tomorrow so I wont get to burn any candles till tomorrow evening.

tootie

Hey Tootie...thanks for all these notes! How are you finding the CT HT with this wax? Also, how's the jar adhesion...many wet spots?

Sure wish Peaks would bring this in. I hate to get addicted to a wax only not to be able to get it quickly and with reasonable shipping...although I did use the shipping calc at CS and if I order 4 cases it's not as bad as I thought, but it will be a long time before I need 4 cases! Guess I'll have to break down and order a slab or two to test!

Hey Tootie...thanks for all these notes! How are you finding the CT HT with this wax? Also, how's the jar adhesion...many wet spots?

Sure wish Peaks would bring this in. I hate to get addicted to a wax only not to be able to get it quickly and with reasonable shipping...although I did use the shipping calc at CS and if I order 4 cases it's not as bad as I thought, but it will be a long time before I need 4 cases! Guess I'll have to break down and order a slab or two to test!

CT and HT are excellent. There were a few wet spots...(they dont bother me) Yes, CS has better shipping prices then most companies out west here. I think "Let it shine" has this wax but it turns out to be cheaper from CS (it is not on their web site though you have to call them)

tootie

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to light a candle up today. It was the 9oz hex jar with the Teaberry from KY in it.

There is not a noticable difference in the burning of the candle between the HOT AZ desert and the cool Oregon weather we came from. So I am glad to see that!!

I will update again soon.

tootie

OK I finished up the 8oz tin last night and it did fine. The sides were clean and the candle never smoked or sooted and the CD wick never got any big mushrooms.

I am lighting the 8oz sq mason today....

tootie

Hey Tootie, I got my 6036 yesterday and poured 2-8oz jelly jar testers each of Cranberry Marmalade, Tuscan Melon and Apricot, Hazelnut Coffee and Fresh Bread (all from CS). This is a very pretty wax...they took color nicely and set up beautifully. Can't wait to test them...I have NO patience...the CT is awesome at 7%

hey Tootie I poured 2 8oz JJ tester candles using cdn 8 wick and one has Vanilla Hazelnut and the other one is sea mist both from CS. I used 1oz fo per lb of wax. So far they look great took color very nicely and the ct is great. Gonna start burning them tomorrow will let you know how it goes. Regina :D

Had to order! Poured a 10 oz. apoth. jar and tried to double wick. Started with CD 10s and the first burn was only for two hours but good. Second was to deep (1" or so after 3+ hours). So today went to two cd 8s. Still to deep so will go to 7s as that is the smallest I have. Throw was good. Burn was good as I didn't see any soot and very very small mushroom. Candle is pretty. Used 6.7% Raspberry Guava. May try a larger single wick too. Beth

Had to order! Poured a 10 oz. apoth. jar and tried to double wick. Started with CD 10s and the first burn was only for two hours but good. Second was to deep (1" or so after 3+ hours). So today went to two cd 8s. Still to deep so will go to 7s as that is the smallest I have. Throw was good. Burn was good as I didn't see any soot and very very small mushroom. Candle is pretty. Used 6.7% Raspberry Guava. May try a larger single wick too. Beth

I would sure be interested in your double wick results...please post when you can