I'm a mess

firstlady

I fooled around with 2 baskets for my dh to take with him tomorrow because some of the ladies been asking if i do a basket for them, well i'm so afraid i'll charge to much or not enough, i'm a mess and wishing i never agreeded to do it, selling them tarts are easy. i made one small basket from dollar store ($2) and put 4 bags of tarts in it with a santa as a decor, and i made a med size basket ($4) from dollar store. put 4 bags of tarts, candle warmer with dish and santa as decor. dh says i need to ask enough to get something besides the $$ i put in them. I thought maybe $20 for small and $30 for med. that only gives me a few dollars extra. but i'm not sure anyone will pay more. i guess i just have to see. i still will have to get wrap to put on them if i get orders. will post picture later

I double the cost of retail items plus the price of my items (which is 3x my cost)

So add up the price of your items, double what you spent on basket, filler, wrap and see where you stand.

Your baskets are very pretty and would make a lovely gift! Don't under sell yourself!

Thanks Shary, they look better , than picture shows. the full view of baskets are better looking but you know how you have to make everything small to put on here. I figure i have about $8 in the small basket

$2= Basket

$1 = santa

0.50= shredded paper

$4= tarts

figureing out what i have in tarts gets me, i get 13-14 tarts from a lb of wax, i use 1 1/2 oz of fo in most of my tarts. i put 4 tarts to a bag. so i say $2 for wax and $2 for fo. i get my wax from kyccandle and it costed me the other day to ship a 50 lb bag plus 3 - 8oz bottles of fo was only $14 amd few cents. so i kinow i'm probably figureing wrong, just haven't took time to figure it all up. The med or larger basket == $4= basket

$1- santa

$5= candle warmer

$4-tarts

$1= dish for tarts

0.50- for shredded paper

so i figure i got $15 in it. i don't charge for like the flowers because, i they were from walmart and a whole bunch was about 88 cents and i just cut a couple off the bunch. so is $30 for this med basket and $20 for smaller ok. thought maybe i would see how they go over first. thank you all