I need help

xixo

I've gotten most of my sales on etsy lately. It seems like every time I list something new, I get a sale. I let my shop lag for a while....no sales. I think the key is to keep your shop well stocked little by little. Plus to promote in the forums helps too.

I've heard this a hundred times. It's excellent advice it seems. I never got around to putting stuff on etsy, but a little bit goes a long way. A few link shares with other members, a couple posts in a forum and a new small listing every few days (so you're on the "newly listed" areas) seems to be the best advice for etsy. The people I hear that don't do well, mostly don't do anything to promote and that works the same with any website, your own or anywhere.

If you list up 30 things, then expect people to come to you, it won't happen. Promotion is half your sales. You can list on Artfire, etsy, ebay... it won't matter.

You have to read and read. The fees will go up to $20/month. I got that from following a link on the front page. Their forums are there for everyone to read and I know they also have a blog and I believe Twitter where they put their info. I just read the forum.

If it is not the venue for you then that is fine, but certainly if someone else chooses to use it then I am sure they did all the research they felt they needed without having you around to steer them elsewhere.

Angi

Just saw this, but why the hatred on sharing info. You shared what you saw, I shared what I did. Including that none of the information you gave on business listings is coming up for Arizona - so who are they really? As for the link on the front page, it's a link inside a link inside, to get to where the info is, and I pointed out some people don't do that kind of thing, dig and dig and dig to get info that the site is merely in beta - even if they've registered the domain for 8 years.

You are doing just as much steering towards. I'm not steering away, I'm presenting the facts for anyone, who wants to know the full story. Maybe you don't care what goes on, but some do. Including the fact that since we don't really know what company this is, how much is their own stuff, and getting others to "pay" for their items, versus how much is all user content created.

It's something that should be discussed when a company says "Sell your stuff here", and then are importers and sellers of the some of the same types of items they are inviting others to sell. Not to mention the fact that they've also mentioned the issues they started having with eBay, so they decided to start their own place... with their stuff in it.