melt and pour with confetti

JMCintosh

You'll have to pour a little bit cooler than what you are doing now. I don't check temps with soap... so I can't tell you a temperature.

Just stir every once in a while until it gets warm to the touch, then do your over pour. I usually wait until the soap forms a very thin skin on the top. Then I stir to incorporate the thin skin and then pour. That way my chunks/shreds don't melt. If your confetti/shreds are REALLY thin... you'll have to pour much cooler.

Try and cool the confetti down in the fridge before you actually put them in with the soap. I do embeds this way and then I put the whole lot in the fridge to help it cool faster. I also cool the mold in the fridge for about 1/2 hour before I start.

jo

I do what others have said, let your overpour cool way down, I let mine cool down anyway to add the EOs. I don't measure the temp.. I never tried cooling off the shreds first but I bet that would help too. Have fun!

Try and cool the confetti down in the fridge before you actually put them in with the soap. I do embeds this way and then I put the whole lot in the fridge to help it cool faster. I also cool the mold in the fridge for about 1/2 hour before I start.

jo

I agree, I had the same problem when i did embeds and the only thing that kept them from melting or becoming a mushy blur, i poured the soap when it was very cool, and i had my embeds in the fridge for a little bit.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Well that being said, embeds just love to float to the top. I pour a thin layer on the bottom of the mold and spritz with alcohol and then when that layer is firm, spritz the imbeds and spritz the soap and tack the imbeds in place and then do your overpour. Its tricky business. Don't be afraid to spritz but don't drown it either. HTH

Steve