Natural

Robin

I am trying to come up with a name for by business that I can be happy with but not sure if this will work. My products are anywhere from 95% to 98% natural without being scented. I use fo's and not eo's. Can I use the word natural in my company name without being 100% natural? I am not advertising my products being 100% natural, I just want the word in my name. Make scents(lol)? I love the word natural and I love the amber bottles.

~Thank you

Hi. I'm new here but thought I'd weigh in on this a bit...

According to the NPA (Natural Products Association), "natural" products should be at least 95% natural. Of course there's a bit more to it than that, but that's the short of it. You can read more at their website...

http://www.naturalproductsassoc.org/site/DocServer/new_The_Natural_Standard_042208v01_final_050108_rev_0509.pdf?docID=7241

That said, there are conflicting opinions about the use of the word "natural" (as I'm sure you're well aware :) ) Some people might find it a bit misleading to use Natural in your business name, while others will think it's just fine. In the end, it's really up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

Just a thought but maybe you could use the word Nature in your name instead of Natural. It kind of brings the idea to mind without the worry. Other similar words might work, too. Something like Earthy or Simply (Simply Nature).