Wick tabs for CD wicks

In one of my other discussion threads somebody mentioned that they use CD 1 or 2's for their tealights. My sample pack did not come with any 1's but it did come with 2's. The wicks are very long like they are for jars and not for tealights. Can I purchase any tabs to retab the wicks after I trim them or do they have to be special ones for CD wicks.

Also, did I understand the post correctly that these 2's could be used for tealights or does CD's make special 1 and 2's for tealights.

I am hoping to pour my next round of jars for testing and I don't need a full pound, so i want to pour the rest in tealights.

Thanks for your help.

The CD 2s you have would be fine to do tealights with. They don't make anything different for tealights. A 2 is a 2. If you are using all soy, the 1 s would most likely be too small.

You can get wick tabs at many different places. Candlewic has them. http://www.candlewic.com/candle-wicks/default.asp?src=yh&OVRAW=candle%20wick%20tabs&OVKEY=candle%20wick%20tab&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=23981865021&OVKWID=216562657521

If you like the cd 2 in your tealights, you can have them custom made in tealight height from candlewic too. I just thought they may be hard to find in that size if you like them.

CandleWic is a great place to buy tabs. Be sure to get the #15mm so they fit in the depression in the t-lite cup and the short neck #3mm. But they only sell by the lb. Maybe put an add in the classied to see if anyone has a few you can buy.

I tab all of mine for t-lites since I bought 500 LX 8 wicks and they are all long ones. I will never run out.

Candlewic has an Ebay site that they sell over stock real cheap. Or call and ask if they have the size you are looking for in over stock. They use to send a copy by email if you asked but that was years ago...