wick bars.....

I have been using the straight across metal wick bars because I like how taught the keep the wick while the candle sets up. I have been looking at the bow tie wick bars and would like to possibly purchase some but can anyone tell me anything about them?

Do you like them and do they hold the wick up tight?

Another very inexpensive alternative is to use very thin dowel rods found in Wal-Mart or any craft or hardware store. Cut to desired length (to fit across jar). Then wrap a small rubber band, those tiny ones, around 2 pieces. Wick slips right through the rubber band and holds it tight, eyeball for center. This is simple and has always worked perfect for me.

The bowties are 3.75" long. There are graduated "steps" in the design that fit into or onto several common jar mouth sizes. They are somewhat bendable so they can be adjusted for odd sizes. I have used them on very small items by simply marking guidelines on the bowtie. I ordered a few to test and found them to be very handy, so then I ordered more, and more, and more... :tongue2: