Any Primitive Crafters?

samandkennasmom

Hi,

I make all kinds of primitive crafts and was wondering if anyone else on here does?? It'd be nice to talk with somebody else that makes this stuff, we are kinda rare breeds. My Mom thinks I'm nuts! I make fabric covered books that are really grubbied up, tapers, pillars, dipped corn, dipped ornies, grubbied up cheesecloth jars...just a few so maybe ya all know what I'm talking about! Thanks for taking the time to read and hope I get a few responds!

HuGs

Michele

I love primitive stuff!! I paint a little but that is about it. I mainly paint primitive/folk artsy kind of stuff. I'll have some of it on my site once I finally get it up! I would love to see everyone else's work!

Nancy, I'm checking out your site asap!

I do. I love making raggedy's and mammies, shelf sitters, pillows, ornies, make do's, wall hangings, runners, placemat's, candlemat's and I just started a quilt right before I broke my ankle last week!

I used to have a site selling my crafts but then got into candlemaking and it kinda of took over. Now I just sew for myself and do a few custom orders for dolls and such. I love primitives and folkart but it has to be handmade not mass manufactured.

I used to do handsewn primitives! Loved to distress wooden bowls, shelves etc. Grubby up candles and tapers, Make and sell primitive gatherings. Then candles took over and the sewing machine is put away! Wine.....I miss it sometimes I really do!

OMG...that's awesome girls!! I would love to see pics, I have a ton of pictures of my stuff too but I don't know how to post pics but maybe my husband would. Would you girls post some pics of your stuff? I used to have a website but then when my brother got cancer, I took it off. Just not into it that much after that. Still not in it as much as I used to be but trying to get back at it. I love making prims, the older, yuckier looking the more I like it! Alot of my friends think I'm crazy too but it's all good. Some times when they come to my house the first time, the look on their face is priceless!! It's like, omg, you don't actually put this stuff in your house on purpose do you?? Heheheheheh

Any pics would be awesome and I'll try to...or websites!!

HuGs

Michele:yay:

Its funny how the prim thing grows on you. My freind Deb, got me started making prim items. Lately, I have an itch to make more things. I make silicone molds. So I make most of my items out of clay. I just got done making these hanging tag things. It's like you can't stop, once you get started. When I first started, I didnt even get the whole grubby thing. Man it was funny. Now I am grubbying, dirtying, looking for old. My living room is now decorated with beautiful window, bowls and all that. I really need some new ideas. Expecially for Christmas. Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...