What is a cool testing trick that you have discovered???

What is something that you have discovered (either by trial and error or on purpose) that made you really excited about.

Mine was that permanent marker comes off glass with hot soapy water!!! I used to use a dry erase maker or write on a piece of paper what I poured the candle is (scent, FO load, wick, date poured), but paper can be lost and dry erase rubs off if you are not careful. Found that by accident when I graped the permanent one instead of the dry erase one :yay:

I often use Sharpie on glass containers to record data, but some of the notes get rubbed off sometimes... Other times, it seems like the ink is glued to the glass (an alcohol wipe changes that instantly!). Still, it's my favorite quick way to record data (like wick size).

I also use el cheapo address labels or 1" circle labels. Can write on 'em, they stay put relatively well and I can remove them to stick onto an index card to file. :)

I realized a while back that if I was testing a new FO, I don't have to do a totally anal job of cleaning the testing container. If the previous wax is melted out, the thin residue left on the glass has absolutely NO bearing on the burn or HT data! Saves a lot of paper towels and extra labor! Now some folks think a tester has to be perfect in every way and totally identical to a customer product - but it's honestly not THAT critical! ;) If you know what you are testing for, a filmy glass will have absolutely no bearing on your data. If one is testing for "wet spots," (IMHO a complete waste of testing time), then it would matter. But normal wicking and scent testing doesn't require pristine glass. :)