Campfire FO

My son is coming to visit in 2 weeks. Since he knows that I have been making candles he is requesting that I make him some "Campfire" scented candles to take back to FL. I see some Campfire FO from BCS and a few others. I don't have time to test various samples. Has anyone here done paraffin scented candles with a Campfire FO that they would recommend? I will be using it in 4630 container and 4794 votive. Thanks, Dave

I've started using C&S's campfire and I haven't had any problems with it.
YEAH!!!

I just ordered a sample of this..

I am going to put it into wax today.

It smells like the real thing OOB.. Can't wait..

I had some problems with BCN's last year.. All my candles were drowning out with this oil?? I had no choice but to discontinue it.. :sad2:

I really loved the scent when it burned properly..

(And Yes, I KNOW it was the oil that gave me problems)

Anyway.. I am glad to see another supplier now carries it.

I will post my results..:cheesy2:

Hey... It's not looking good.

I have been burning it for over an hour now in my Bedroom, and I can't smell a thing!!!:( I am so bummed..

You may want to order a sample from BitterCreek.

Your wax may work with it, and it maybe I got a weird couple pounds of it last year..

It is a kick-Butt FO... I just had problems wicking it..

You could always do wickless too!!

Let me know how you make out with C&S campfire when you test it.....

It could be that is just does not work well in soy and maybe kick@ss in paraffin..

Hi

I use BCN's campfire with straight soy and get a really good ct and ht....wonder why you didn't...that's kinda wierd. It is a really strong scent and seems like you either love it or hate it!!

Hugs

Michele

I got a GREAT HT & CT with BCN's campfire smoke.

IT is a kick butt Fragrance. Used it for years.

Then I got a few pounds last year and all my candles were drowning out.

I wicked up and cut back on FO.

They still drowned out.. It was horrible!!

So I stopped making it.

It was really weird and apparently a problem with the oil IMO.

I think I will order a pound from them and give it another shot..

My customers miss that scent and it is a big seller in the winter months..

Yeah, I just got a new bottle like 2 months ago so maybe I got lucky and didn't get the yucky ones. Some people will smell it and the look on there face is omg, this is so gross, the next guy can't get enough of it...I personally love it, to each there own but as long as someone wants it...i'm all over it!!!!

Hugs

Michele

Hi

I use bcn's campfire with straight soy and get a really good ct and ht....wonder why you didn't...that's kinda wierd. It is a really strong scent and seems like you either love it or hate it!!

Hugs

Michele

It isn't a regular I carried, but that's the one I used. It is STRONG. My goodness. Talk about a bargain, 1oz. to scent 50lb. of wax. :P OK I'm exaggerating, but still. It is a strong one.

I don't know if other places renditions smell differently, but the one from BCN was definitely a smoke-scented FO.