Question about MillCreek FO's

GailC

I ordered a sampler pack of 2 oz. FO's from them, then was looking on their site, and read that they recommend 1.5 oz of FO per pound of wax. That is more than other suppliers recommend, at least from those I've bought from so far. Usually it's no more than 1 oz per pound, right?

So I'm just wondering, are MillCreek's FO's weaker than other suppliers'. I received my order today, and none of them "knock my socks off" when I smell them OOB. Do you all use 1.5 oz per pound when you use MillCreek FO's?

Thanks!

Don't know what type of wax they test in, but I've used alot of their FO's over the years and 1 oz. pp is fine (I use 6006).

Amber Romance

Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper

Buttercream

Midsummer's Night

and others I can't recall at the moment.

Test in your wax and see how they do at 1 oz.

I've never had to "up" my FO amount.

I think these are recommended for soy which some times you use more fo is soy. But I have used the following MC fo's and they are great at 1 oz per LB.

berry creme brulee- strong will knock yer socks off

birthday cake - this is strong and I had to wick up

butter rum crunch -very good in soy and J223

carmel nut cluster-awesome

extreme vanilla-blows ya away

honeysuckle-very strong

I am sure there are more but this is what I can recall now.

HTH

Thank you ladies for your input...but on the other hand, I didn't order any of the FO's you both have ordered, so now you got me wanting to try more. I'm not so sure I thank you for that. :)

I think I'm too chicken to order the Sweet Orange Chili Pepper though. I wanted an orange fo but took the safe route and got Orange Clove.