Can anyone offer info on theses waxes?

I have used JS's 5050 waxes for the past 3 years or so....however long they've been out. I love both the votive and the container.

I use ultra wicks from Fil Tec, previously I used zinc. You can see my % info in my sig line.

Freight is a big cost to me seeing as I'm in New Orleans and JS is in Ohio so you know I must love it to pay those freight prices. I've tried other 5050's but none were better for me to change even if I could save on freight. Scent throw hot and cold is outstanding.

Top-I have Backwoods less than 5 miles from me and she sells J223 and CB advanced. I was thinking of making my own blend with the J223 and either the Cb Advanced or the soy 125...I would not attempt soy by itself again...been there and done that. I have not really ruled anything out. I just thought if I could mix the CB and the J223 I wouldn't have any shipping charges. The soy 125 however is a low cost alternative if the CB wouldn't work.

OK gotcha.

The soy-125 is a good blending wax if you want to test J-223 plus plain soy like Steve is suggesting. It subs for GB 415 and generally burns better.

If you phone Candlewic I think you'll be able to get samples of the soy flakes and CBL-130.

Thanks everyone for all of your help and advice.

New Orleans Lady- I was going to try the 50/50 from JS but she said the smallest sample available is a half of a case. That's a big investment just to test. I haven't decided if I want to do that or not. Thanks though. It would be nice to not have to blend my own.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to comment that the CBL-130 from Candlewic is my favorite so far. It has an awesome hot throw after 24 hours. Great cold throw. Was truely a one pour with very little shrinkage and no wet spots at all. Easy to wick so far, but I have only been burning it for a couple hours. The wick seems to be doing great, but I have to wait until the second burn to check for soot. That never happens until the second burn. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This may be my new wax. I have also tried blending J223 with CB advanced, J223 with GB415, and 6006 with a little GB 415. Nothing impressive out of those blends. I'll keep you posted.

• 4 months later...

hi-new here, but just found your testing results. i am wondering what the mix ratio was for your blend of 223 & 415 soy? i have been using the 223 and love it-but it is so pricey i thought i would mix in some soy. have tested the 223 with GB 444 (3/4 223 + 1/4 444) and have had good luck with this mix in all but one tester. however, i just bought a full case of the GB 415 (at a yard sale for super cheap) and was disappointed to hear that you were not impressed with your blend. i guess what i am thinking is using less of the 415 might work out better??? any advice would be appreciated!!

TIA-kris

Kris- I think you could just use the soy alone...the J223 was sooty for me. I am sure it works with some wick combo, but I wan't patient enough to find it. I am currently working with the CBL 130 from Candlewic. Easy to wick, very clean burning...slightly finicky with some fragrances, but it has like 50% soy so some just won't work.