Help with essential oils

samandkennasmom

Hi Al,

I would like to try making some melt & pour soap using essential oils, I was looking on wsp site and they have quite a few already mixed up oils that I like. One of them was basil, sage, and mint, the other one that kinda interested me is a headache one the have since I have them daily. It's headache natural eo. The question I have and I think it's a pretty dumb one, but how do you know how much to use per pound? I hope someone can help me out soon, I really want to try it out. Do they have good oils? Thanks for all the help any can give me.

Hugs

Michele

I sometimes use lavender, sandalwood, and lemon EOs in my M&P. Frankly I add enough til I get the right fragrance strength I am looking for. I use anywhere from 1-2 tsp per lb. If its not particurly strong enough (like sandalwood) I also try to pair it with a like FO.

You can also use extracts besides EOs and FOs. I use extracts like vanilla and lemon at about the same strength as EOs. So for example if you can't find a peach EO, try a peach extract.