Suggestions

I purchased 20 cases of 16 oz salsa jars, due to the 12 oz jars being discontinued. The 12 0z jars held 8.5 oz of wax and .5 oz of fo and all was well with the world. These jars are going to hold substantially more wax (at least 4 more oz) and at least .75 of fo or more. I just don't like the jars. They look like mayonnaise jars (to me). I'll have to raise the price of my candles and the whole thing just kinda screws up my little piece of the world. I wish now I had gotten the 12 oz hex jars but oh well. I didn't think a 4 oz difference in jar size would make so much difference in the logistics. Anybody use these containers?

Steve

Steve, are they the same diameter? If so, you may be able to use the same size wick! Also, different waxes look better in some containers than others. I personally like taller containers for Glass Glow (container palm wax blend) 'cause the taller jar shows off the crystals mo' betta.

I wish now I had gotten the 12 oz hex jars but oh well.

Hex jars ARE pretty and they are affordable enough that you should be able to get a case or two to play with until you get the wicking down for them.

...the whole thing just kinda screws up my little piece of the world

Easy there, big fella! All things must change, so just roll with it, baby! :yay:

Yeah Stella, basically the same diameter and probably no real change in wicking but I just don't like the looks of the taller salsa and I have 240 of em. The price of the hex are several dollar more a case and I made the mistake of cheaping out for the large salsas. I kinda hate the hex jars too, because they make me think of Home Interiors. It will be ok, I just get so tired of having to change everything up all the time. OOh I think I'm whining! Ok, thanks Stella. I'll get through this.

Steve

I have a case of the 160z Salsa's and I feel the same way about em...I still can use the same wick as the 12oz but I wont use them and yes I can understand how frustrating it is to finally get something working and then its no longer available...so go ahead, have a moment...lol:p