tealight and tart making question

A friend of mine wants me to make tarts and tealights for her. So after much research and reading I decided that I want to try making my tarts with Feather Palm Wax. Just got my wax last week and plan on starting testing them this week, however, I'm trying to decide what to make the tealights out of. I have been testing soy for a while, but been making them dye free and I would like my tealights and tarts to match in color.

Would it work to make tealights out of feather palm or should I get a container palm for the tealights? I'm not sure I want to start playing with color with my soy wax again since I wasn't caring for it the last time I was using color.

If your tarts are palm, I'd go with palm tealights. Easier to match the colors than using two different waxes with different finishes. Also...one wax to stock instead of two.

I make my tarts using 415 soy/beeswax blend and my tealights all 415 soy. I have great luck with liquid candle dyes.

hth,

Trudi

Thanks both of you. I will test this feather palm that I wanted to try for tarts and if I like it. I will get some container palm and start making and testing tealights.

Now I just need to decide if I want to continue testing soy as well and offer that too, or just "discontinue" that idea all together. Hate to throw away all that testing I have done with it already though.