Help with labels

Sag_77

I have rectangle labels (OL800WX) from Online Labels. Have been using them for about 2 years now with no problems. I just downloaded the Word layout and filled it in; that has worked great. I recently got a new laptop and it has Windows7 along with the newest version of Office (Word). Now my labels don't print out lined up anymore. I have been trying to fix it for about 2 months now everytime I get an order with no luck, good thing I had a folder full of extra labels. I am not sure how to fix it or what to do to get it to line up properly and am basically out of those extra labels. So with a show approaching on the 29th I am in a bind to get this fixed and am clueless. TIA for any ideas or help.

I don't know it this will help but you could try saving the template in an earlier version of word. If it was working with the previous version I'd try saving it that way.

Go to File/save as/word97-2003. The option is on the right of the main drop down once you hit "save as".

Edited by safetysue

Thank you, I tried that and when I then open it everything is still wonky. The original save would have been in the old version also so I think the problem comes from opening it in the new version. However Word transfers the files from the old save to the new program buggers it. :cry2:

Edited by Sag_77

Not sure how new "Maestro Label Designer®" is but it won't allow me to log in. It says I have no access code I am assuming my order was to old to get one. :( Guess that is the down fall of making hugh orders so they last forever and are cheaper.

What if you change the specs of the label?

mailings- Labels- details

When I ordered from online labels, I used one of thier custom design sides. I got the information for all the specs on their website for the label I was ordering. Worked great.

Also, I had one of my labels would print a little on the top/bottom (as in i was missing the top half line of each label. Went to the Page layout tab and put some spacing before the top line. Moved everything down a little to put it nicely on my label.

Hopefully one of those 2 things will help. If not, let me know and I will see if I can help more.