Strawberry Shortcake (CS)

vagabond66

Hey All,

I made and tested some feather palm tarts using CS Strawberry Shortcake after reading the rave reviews for this scent and I must say that I was a bit disappointed. I know everyones' nose is different and mine is no exception, but when I melted these I couldnt help but notice a bit of a plastic/fake smell amidst the strawberry. Has anyone else noticed this? I only used 5% FO which has worked out great with the rest of the scents I have poured with palm.

Does anyone have any recommendations for another strawberry shortcake or strawberries and cream type scent?

Sorry but I love this scent. It smells like the real thing. All my customers love it and I always hear how it smells so real it makes them hungry. I use 1 oz per lb. Maybe thats the difference.

Lol...I think it smells like the real thing. Just saying my daughter thought it smelled like Strawberry Jam.

I also agree that maybe the FO needs to be increased.

I just poured my first candles with this FO this week, it definitely smelled like strawberries in my house when I did! Even DH (who usually tells me everything smells spicy) was able to identify the strawberry scent! :laugh2:Now I can't wait to test burn them!

You are not alone!!! I think the same thing! I used it a 11% in my parasoy tarts, and it is strong, but it reeks of plastic to me. I originally made it using MC's clamshells, which I have heard can sometimes make vanilla-based FOs smell bad, so I tried another batch in Impact clamshells with the same result. My husband doesn't pick up on the plastic smell, so I have gone ahead and taken in to shows, but I can not sell this scent to save my life. It smells like a very plastic Strawberry Shortcake doll to me!

I guess maybe my nose is broke. :)

I don't think your nose is broke. Scent is different to different people. I smell a touch of plastic too. I used it at 6% in palm. Overall I liked it, but couldn't get past the occassional whiff of plastic. Strawberry is one of the hardest scents out there to find the 'perfect' one - for me at least. Good luck in your search!

I thought so too when I used my sample. It has been awhile ago, but seems that it got better, maybe the longer I smelled it the less it smelled like that. but that also was my first impression. It was a sample and I never bought more to work on making it better.