What is the longest you cure a soy candle?

I am new to candle making and am going to be making some candles this weekend and was looking for a bit of help. I'm using Ecosoya CB Advanced (which I found out is not the greatest for scent throw.)

So here are my questions:

1. What is the longest you cure a soy candle for?

2. Will curing help with scent throw?

3. Can I add anything to it to help me achieve a better scent throw?

I appreciate any help I could possibly get!

Thanks

The longer your candle sits the stronger your fragrance will be. It takes a while for all the molecules to get happy. I also add coconut oil to my wax to improve my scent throw. I have heard resting times anywhere between two days to two weeks. I use 75% 464 and 25% 4627.

adding 4627 and CO to soy makes a big difference

Thanks everyone for your help! I am not sure what 4627 is and is CO coconut oil? Also are you able to buy these items in reg stores or are they available in speciatly stores? And how much CO would you put in your wax?

Edited by magickstar

I am new to candle making and am going to be making some candles this weekend and was looking for a bit of help. I'm using Ecosoya CB Advanced (which I found out is not the greatest for scent throw.)

So here are my questions:

1. What is the longest you cure a soy candle for?

I did "lose" a candle when I made a my first whole batch...I found it like 2 months later when cleaning...normally though i suggest my customers give the candles a few days at least (most of what I make is made to ordrer) and stuff for craft shows or flea market always get at least 7 days.

2. Will curing help with scent throw?

I find it helps with hot throw, cold throw doesn't seem to make a difference.

3. Can I add anything to it to help me achieve a better scent throw?

I find that I can add around 2 teaspoons per of vybar 103 per pound of soy wax, and can add even more fragrance oil normally around 2 ounces per pound, but any more vybar and the soy wax burns weird. Otherwise try adding some coconut oil if you are making containers candles, or even some crisco.

Have fun and good luck

Chris

*edit* 4627 is a soft Paraffin made by IGI which tends to mix pretty well with many soys

Edited by cgoff

Not all FOs work well in CBA. As a matter of fact its going to take a lot of money and patience to get scents that throw well using it.

I found that out of those that worked well the cure time could be anywhere from 2 days to as long as 1 month.

Don't know where you get all your FOs but the ones from Candle Science and Fillmore Containers have all been tested in soy. I found many from them that worked well in CBA.