Nuts in Soap!

lsbennis

Good point, I never thought about them going down the drain or being scratchy, since I just put a small amount on the top I could just trim them off, I only made a small 1lb batch so time I'm going to make them without.

Thanks everyone ;)

I think you have to look at soap in one of two categories: decorative soap for display only and utiliatrian soap for actual cleansing of skin or hair. Personally, I don't want seeds, flower pieces or anything else to find their way into or on my body. Just a plain piece of soap please. Otherwise, the skies the limit. I was shocked to hear a customer state that she thought my soap was only to look at and not actually use. After explaining that although the soap may have a nice swirl; my intentions were her to use it and buy some more. Later, she bought some more. HTH.

Steve

I know I going against the grain on this one(no pun intended), but I make an almond scented bar with almonds in the soap. I run the almonds through the magic bullet so the pieces are super small. I made the batch a year ago and we just used the last bar about a month ago. It was for personal use because I was worried about the nuts going rancid, but that did not happen. My bf has been after me to make him another batch because he loved it so much. No mold, not too rough on the skin, and it did not go rancid.

Sheli

I made almond soap recently and put one almond nut on the top of each soap, but told the people I gave it to that they should remove the nut before using. It looked cute and would be easy to remove, but I'm not sure I'll go through the trouble next time.

I do at times like to used pureed veggies or fruit zest in my soap and have not had any trouble with mold.