CS Pumpkin Souffle+EZ Soy=burnt smell?

angellie5

I got a sample of this during the sale, put it in wax on th 15th, and lit it yesterday. It has a weird burnt smell when burning. I did a search and found that I am not alone (3 yrs ago though), but someone mentioned curing it a bit longer as it goes away. Just wanted to verify this and ask about how long it took? Also, does anyone know why certain people are able to smell it and others not or if maybe certain waxes are causing the smell? (Just wanted to know before I give these away that maybe someone else won't pick it up while I could, but if it is my EZ Soy then maybe anyone might smell it in my candles.) I was really excited about this one and am just bummed that it might not work for me and my wax.:(

That's been mentioned recently and I think Candlebuddy said she manages it by mixing it 50/50 with 'Pumpkin Creme Brulee'. I tried that and I'm still smelling burnt something. So next time I will up the 'Pumpkin Creme Brulee' and decrease the 'Pumpkin Souffle' to maybe 25%, mostly to try to use up the 'Pumpkin Souffle'.

Tennessee Candle Supply has a great version of Pumpkin Souffle'. I always use a little Creme Brulee' from JBN to sweeten the pot. HTH.

Steve

Yes on Tennessee's Pumpkin Souffle. I gave it an 8+ on throw in comfort blend.

I noticed a couple of CS's bakery/foodie scents having a burnt smell. Blackberry Marmalade is horrible. Cranberry Marmalade not quite as bad, but still not what I want.