Vanilla revisited

RWV

I want a sweet creamy vanilla I can use alone or to mix with. I currently use vanilla extract from BCS, which I really like, but I still am looking for the elusive perfect vanilla for me.

I DON'T want any buttery, coconut, musk, or floral notes--just sweet and smooth and a strong thrower.

I have tried many and I don't want the very vanilla from CS, which smells the same to me as several other out there I've tried. It's a great scent, just not what I'm looking for.

Out of the thousands upon thousands of vanillas, what do you think I should try?

Thanks everybody!

I've tried alot also. The only one excellent enough for me is Candles and Supplies Vanilla pods, just plain ole sweet vanilla. It throws awesome in gb415 soywax.

You are the one I was trying to remember who used and recommended the Vanilla Pods from C&S!!

I have got to get a sample of this and try it. I am also unhappy with the vanillas I have tried, either they have other notes in them or are just not strong enough alone or as a mixer.

To me Very Vanilla from CS has a weird chemical smell to it. I to am searching for a good vanilla. I will have to check out the others mentioned!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who smelled this off scent. When I use it as a mixer it ruins the blend.:angry2:

I Totally agree CS Vanilla is so chemical smelling and in blends its aweful.

I thought it was just me and wondered if I should try again for the 3rd time

yes I keep retrying it based on all the wonderful reviews thinking something must be wrong with me. But everytime I smell that chemical smell..

This Vanilla Pods sounds really interesting, I really want it but wow the shipping is terrible whith them $$$$

Not to hijack the tread but are there any other must haves from them, will be my first order.

I Totally agree CS Vanilla is so chemical smelling and in blends its aweful.

I thought it was just me and wondered if I should try again for the 3rd time

yes I keep retrying it based on all the wonderful reviews thinking something must be wrong with me. But everytime I smell that chemical smell..

This Vanilla Pods sounds really interesting, I really want it but wow the shipping is terrible whith them $$$$

Not to hijack the tread but are there any other must haves from them, will be my first order.

Hazelnut Creme is a$$ kickin in gb415 also.

Haven't tried C&S Vanilla Pods (but now think I will ;) ) but do have their Vanilla Bean, and I really like it. It's light and not nearly as heavy as the Buttery Vanilla.

I once did a 3 case wholesale order of Buttery Vanilla. I couldn't bake for 6 months after that! :laugh2:

I love Vanilla Pods from C&S. Another good vanilla I love is the French Vanilla...it's sweet and kind of like a cake vanilla.

I have been curious about the edible spice and yep it's an expensive one but if its a good thrower it will be worth it to me.