Best way to fill

kyme1911

Thanks guys for all the tips!

I've been using ziploc freezer bags too which works well for shower gel base but I got body lotion today and tried to use the bag technique and well, there has to be a better way. LOL It's frustrating.

I think the bag technique works well if you are making a good quantity of lotion or gel but I'm making lotion to fill 1oz or 2oz bottles. I agree to mix the base with the FO, the baggie way is the easiest.

I think you can pick up plastic ketchup bottles at the grocery store, those you'd use outdoors at a picnic or something. They have twisty lids and could hold a good amount of lotion or gel. Looking for something that's not going to break the bank. LOL

FYI: Amazon has squeeze bottles by Wilton, 2 per pack. 2oz and 6oz size.

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Squeeze-Bottles-2-Pkg/dp/B003LARSAQ/ref=pd_sim_k_8

Edited by PAgirl89

green-tangerine,

Glad to hear that is working for you. I finally picked up some bottles from a plastics place I found online. Between being sick and having surgery, haven't had a chance to try out my new bottles. I hope they work just as well for me.

As an fyi, the place I bought my bottles from is a place called U S Plastic. I got a couple of the wide-mouth LDPE bottles, a couple of bottles with pumps, several sizes of the ribbed flip-top lids and some beakers. Shipping was very reasonable as well. Much better than what I was going to get from the restaurant supply. They have a lot of different type items.

http://www.usplastic.com/