Looking for something unique

I'm sorry to bother you folks but I'm not sure where else to turn. I'm looking for this style candle below, and I've looked everywhere, can't seem to find anything. I saw them at a crafts festival but failed to jot down who was selling them.. anyone know where I can find them local or online?

multicandle.jpg

Personally, I have never seen anything like this. I'm trying to figure out what they used for a mold. You could maybe do a google search based on where you saw it. Or, if you remember the craft fair you went to, you could try to get in touch with the promoters of the fair...they usually have a list of their vendors. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

THe one you posted Ecco is actually wick woven through the thin shell as in when it burns it continues to light wick all the way across. the one this poster is showing appears to have just solid wicking going up and down.

I've seen animations of these burning but for the life of me I can't remember where now ...ack!

THe one you posted Ecco is actually wick woven through the thin shell as in when it burns it continues to light wick all the way across. the one this poster is showing appears to have just solid wicking going up and down.

I've seen animations of these burning but for the life of me I can't remember where now ...ack!

I've got just another couple days left! Yeah I found the one above but the one I'm looking for isn't quite so "special". The picture is from a friend in Europe who can't remember where she bought it (and it was a year ago so she no longer has the box), and I saw several at a the art festival under a small vendor tent.

I do appreciate the replies though. :)

Cool looking candle, but I would not leave it unattended! Looks like an accident waiting to happen, LOL. Of course now I am going to have to try to make one :smiley2:. Don't think I would EVER feel safe selling something like that, tho.

Cheers,

Steve

Of course now I am going to have to try to make one :smiley2:.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Thought about buying a baking tray and drilling holes in the side for the wicks. Before the wax is totally cooled, unmolding it and "folding". Not sure if it will worth though, but I would really like to try.......

What are your ideas?

your welcome :) would this have been the crafter you saw then? glad they are close. hope you can get one. let us know

please :)

maybe one day I will try this. I was thinking.... pouring a thin layer...laying your wicks in when it's not "quite" set up...then pouring another thin layer, removing while pliable...and shape accordingly?

Edited by debratant
added something