Pale Baby Pink

I'm having trouble getting a pale baby pink color in soy. When I use pink liquid dye I end up with a color that is too bright. I need something softer. I have every color liquid dye that CandlesandSupplies carries. Can anyone help? How many drops of what color per pound(s) have you used that worked?

TIA,

Trudi

I have been getting a pale pink by using the "toothpick swirl" (less than drop) with red dye per pound of soy (PB, 444, 464, and others). Also have gotten a pale "fleshy pink" color by using 1/2 of a dye chip of salmon per pound in soy. Don't know if it is the color you are looking for, but the red does make a nice pale pink.

Cheers,

Steve

NaturallyTru, below is a link from a thread on trying to achieve a Hot Pink color. EricofAZ gives a very good discussion on creating various colors using the RGB or CMYK methods. Maybe you'll be able to create your own with colors you already have.

Below that is a link to a color chart I use that has over 500 different colors and their RGB equivalents. Might be a color there that you can use. I realize the chart is geared more toward creating colors on the computer but the same principal still applies to the dye.

Hope that helps.

J

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94301

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

We also will employ the "toothpick swirl" method (good description, W) If you wish to limit your investment in colors, since there are pale pink dyes available, that's about the best way. as far as color matching, you will always have the possibility of slight variations even using the same chips or number of drops.

We get a pale pick by using red blocks. Darker than baby pick we use 0.25g in 1000g soy. For a lighter pick somewhere between 0.05 and 0.1 would most likely do it. You will of course need a scale than measures in 1/10ths of a gram.