How would you feel....

andrealh1975

if a promoter contacted you asking you to be in his or her event? I'm hosting another vendor event in March and would like to get all of the spaces sold in a timely manner. I've come across a lot of local vendors online and have sent e-mails inviting them to participate, but most never even respond.

If someone contacted you, how would you like to be contacted and what's the liklihood that you'd participate?

I don't have a problem getting notified :) But given the time of year it is, they may be a little busy right now. We received an invitation via email, but had to turn it down because of a previous commitment and let them know. I'd give it a little more time to see if they respond.

Well what I've done is directed the e-mail directly to the contact person at the company, 99% of the time it's the owner/crafter. And I always comment on the item/service they have and always say where/how I got their info. I make the e-mail personal because I don't want them to think it is mass mail and delete it.

Have those people ever participated in one of your events before? If not, they might be skeptical of getting an unsolicited e-mail. Did you discuss your experience in producing one of these events, or how the turn out was at your last one? Information like that would probably be helpful.

Did you offer discounts for early registration? That might induce people to respond in a more timely manner.

Another thing to do is send a follow-up e-mail--you know, one of those "I haven't heard from you regarding the March Event, and though I would follow up...blah, blah, blah."

Have those people ever participated in one of your events before? If not, they might be skeptical of getting an unsolicited e-mail. Did you discuss your experience in producing one of these events, or how the turn out was at your last one? Information like that would probably be helpful.

Did you offer discounts for early registration? That might induce people to respond in a more timely manner.

Another thing to do is send a follow-up e-mail--you know, one of those "I haven't heard from you regarding the March Event, and though I would follow up...blah, blah, blah."

Yep, all of the e-mails include experience from previous events (turnout, general sales, etc.) Don't offer any discounts though. I'll follow up with people after the Holidays and see what happens.

Don't offer any discounts though.
You could phrase the 'discount' as $x if they sign up now, and $x+5 if they sign up at the last minute. The craft shows here do that to encourage people to book early. The customer might view it as a discount, but it is more like a higher price if they wait.

Once I call to get into one every year after that I am sent info about 4-5 months ahead and told when to have my money in.Usually about 6 weeks ahead. That is the only way i am contacted.Through mail with application, rules and regulations and cost.Also whether need electric or not?

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

LynnS

One more thing - if you plan to do this quarterly, you could get them to sign up at the end of the show for the next one. This is what some of the craft shows here make us do. If we don't sign up and pay at the end of the day, then you might lose your space and have to try for one with the 'open competition'. Just a thought - not necessarily something you have to do.