Rubber fitting odor

Hello All!

I've finally found some jars along with lids that I love! Problem is the rubber fitting piece has a rubber like odor which disrupts and throws the cold throw of my candle scent off. Is there anything that can be done about this? Without the rubber piece the lid doesn't fit properly. I love the way the lid and jar looks together but thinking I may have to go back to the drawing board on this one, as the cold throw is very important ... Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Those should be a plastic fitment and I've never noticed an odor with mine. I stopped using those jars because customers couldn't get the hang of how to get the lid off (go figure). If it is more of a new plastic smell, I would try airing them out or get some other people to sample your candles and report if the odor is a problem. HTH

Steve

Hey guys, thanks for your input. Really thinking I'm going to go with another jar. Having to air out jars for days/weeks definetely slows down production. Thanks pleasureridge! Those tops seem as though they may have the same problem. I'm attaching a pic of the exact tops I'm referring to. SatinDucky - the rubber piece is attached to the lid but can be removed making for a loose lid.

http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store//Images/catalog/32-259-b.jpg

I had that happen one time on a jar I was trying out. It was similar to the one posted by pleasure. I made a candle in it but never burned it because of the rubber smell. I kept that candle for about 2 years and the rubber smell never went away. I tried washing it, airing it out, soaking it, and everything but it still stank.

I almost ordered those lids from them. So glad I didn't now. Can you just choose another lid? I have those lids from another supplier, without the fitting inside. They fit the 10 oz apothecary jar very well and snug.

Thanks guys! SatinDucky- lesson learned, will now stay away from those with "fitting"- lol. debratant - please share where you found these without the fitting, I would like to give those a try. Candybee - I agree! deb426 - I washed them also and set them outside to dry. They got dry but the odor was still there for me too. Thanks again everyone!

Dreamie...I got them at wholesale supplies plus. They only fit the 10 oz apothecary jar snug...but they are snug. What size jar are you using? Maybe order a few to see if you like first? I have to order more of those myself. :)