Newbie Hello

Hi All,

I've been lurking for several days while I read and research things so I thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I've been a work at home mom for almost 4 years now and I recently decided to try getting into the candlemaking biz. I used to make candles mannnny years ago but never for business purpose and never anything fancier than a votive lol So I'll just be over there in the lurker corner while I continue reading up on things etc.

Oh DUH I guess I should have added I am planning on making container candles to begin with [Yes I know y'all are shocked!]. Somewhere down the line I would love to make pillars and tarts and I'm also interested in gel candles.

Love checking out the candles everyone posts in the gallery. Hopefully someday I can post some pics of mine there too!

Chele

Edited by PaganMoon
Forgot Something

Do you have a cat? Cuz you need a cat to make a proper candle. Cats can help you with wicks if you buy them raw on a spool and printer jams and labels and decorative things that go on the container, etc.

Just kidding. Welcome to the forum.

new to site, I have been reading that others are having problems with wick sizing for 8oz tins. well I have been having the same problem. I use ecosoy advanced wax I buy most of my supplies from peak candle supply. I have tried C70 wick witch burns to hot for the 8oz tin. on peaks website they sell a tin starter kit with soy and the wick size that comes with it is a c60 witch is what i am going to try I hope this info will other.

Do you have a cat? Cuz you need a cat to make a proper candle. Cats can help you with wicks if you buy them raw on a spool and printer jams and labels and decorative things that go on the container, etc.

Just kidding. Welcome to the forum.

Hah. Funny. :)

Pets aren't welcome in our current place which is a bummer because I've never gone without having a cat or cats so it's a bit odd. But I've had more than enough to know exactly what sort of help they would give me in my candlemaking endeavors :P