Dupe for Hemingway

chuck_35550

Sigh* This is one of Scentsys big sellers and nobody has duped it to my knowledge. One of my customers said she woule bring me one and let me whiff it to see if I can dupe it on my own. It's a masculine scent but the ladies are all gaga over it. If anyone is interested, I'll report back after taking a whiff or if anyone has ever whiffed this one; give a shout out. TIA

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

OK, update....so my sister gave me some melts to work with. My 1st sniff .....it is a true Sandalwood with back notes of apples & Oak. Well I mixed BB's Sensuous Sandalwood and some of Gloria's (sockmonkey) Autumn jubilee.

Mostly sandalwood with just a touch of apples & oak is the blend, IMO. Autumn Jubliee is described as Autumn aromas of oak, cinnamon, and apples. Since that's the only apple & oak FO I have, I thought it was worth a try. I like the combo so much, I just thought I would share. If you have a Sandalwood try adding bit of Apples & oak...I think combo is really nice and unless a supplier makes a actual dupe, this is a pretty straight forward blend. I love it!

But I have always been a Sandalwood fan, no wonder that was the one scent I liked from them.

Now if I can figure out how to blend something similar to "Clarity", I will be a happy camper.

• 1 month later...
I just ordered the Autumn Jubilee from Sockmonkey and am thinking of using Elements Satsura for the sandalwood. What ratio did you find came closest to Hemingway? Oh and thanks for the update and excuse my late reply.

Steve

I did 70/30....70 being the Autumn Jubilee. You can tweek it to suit your taste. Wether you want the apple to stand out more than the Sandalwood. It smells nice either way, Let us know how it works out for you.

BTW I love her Fo's (my families favorite is Red Sedona)

Thanks! Rats, I just ordered and didn't include the Red Sedona. All her oils are marked down to $10.00 so I picked up the lavender vanilla and a few others. I may have to go back and order that one too.

Steve

You will love that one, everyone who picks up the soap I make with it say " mmmmmmm"

• 4 weeks later...