Wellington Scents

lynch

I am new to candle making and would like to try some essential oil scents and other fragrances. I am looking at Wellington fragrances, does anyone have any experience with this company??

Also any tips on using essential oils with Soy waxes? Is there a noticeable difference between them (essential oils) and regular fragrances??

I use Wellington in bath and body products, so don't know how they'd do in candles, but I do like them. I know some people do them, but essential oils aren't great in candles. The cost of essential oils is sort of cost prohibitive when you consider how much oil you'd need. As a rule, 1 lb of oil to 1 lb of wax. Getting good scent throw in soy is a bugger anyway. It could be a hefty investment on your part just in the testing. Maybe one of the essential oil folks will chime in with more advice.

I have ordered from them and been well-pleased with most of the ones I have gotten. I did find them to be a little pricey. I've never soaped any of them, but they preformed well in soy & palm waxes for me.

Also any tips on using essential oils with Soy waxes? Is there a noticeable difference between them (essential oils) and regular fragrances??

Those two questions are worthy of their own threads. There's a lot of information in the forums already on these subjects, both here in the fragrance forum and in the veggie wax forum that you can find by using the Google site search tool.